Fix The Brix
Established in 2009, Fix the Brix is SHCA’s popular subsidy program to assist Society Hill homeowners in repairing their front sidewalks. Many of our brick and cement sidewalks are tripping hazards and need leveling. Over 250 households have taken advantage of this program to fix their sidewalks to prevent pedestrian trips and falls.
Current SHCA members can receive 40% of the total repairs up to $400; non-members can receive 40% up to $300. It pays to be a member.
If you are interested, here’s how to start:
- Take a “before” photo of your troublesome sidewalk and email to Martha Levine at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact and select a mason or arborist to do the work. It’s good to get a few estimates. We have a short list of contractors to recommend.
- Have the work done to your satisfaction. Make sure the invoice is marked “Paid”.
- Make a copy of your invoice and, if possible, the cancelled check, and mail the original invoice to SHCA, P. O. Box 63503, Phila. PA 19147.
- Email us an“after” photo of the sidewalk after work is completed.
- You should receive a subsidy check within a few weeks.
Chair: Martha Levine
TRASH DELAYED TILL SATURDAY DUE TO HOLIDAY.